I didn't make as many of my Christmas presents this year, but one that I thought would definitely be worth the time is this Relaxing Eye Pillow. It's so so simple, and just so nice to have after eating a big Christmas dinner. You can throw it in the microwave or the freezer for your desired temperature. My quilting mom, Brenda Winkelmeyer, passed these instructions on to me. Now after enjoying my own Relaxing Eye Pillow I thought I would pass them along to you.
- fabric, something soft and luxurious
- flax seeds
- dried herb of your choice (roses, chamomile, peppermint, lavender)
- measuring utensil
1. Cut out two pieces of fabric to your desired size. (I have recently become an embroidery fanatic so I embroidered mine.)
2. Put right sides together and sew along the side with a quarter-inch seam. Be sure to leave a couple inches open so you can squeeze your little fingers in there to press out the corner seam.
3. Flip your pillow inside out and iron down your seams nice and flat.
4. In the bowl, mix 3/4 c. flax seeds to every four T. of herbs.
5. Funnel the mixture into your pillow only about 3/4 full.
6. Hand stitch your pillow closed and VIOLA!