Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Wide Thank You




My first open gate fold. For those who don't know what that is (I'm assuming most, since I'm a designer and only learned of the term last month), an open gate basically swings open...like a gate...from the interior sides of two pages. Thus making it fold out the width of four pages. yes? Not so great with words. Just look at my pictures.

This spread was to honor all those who helped and donated to the Homes For Our Troops cause. Marketplace Magazines and the Add Sheet support many local charities, HFOT being one of them. This charity is especially close to our hearts because the veteran who received the home was Robert Canine, brother to Jamie Canine, part-owner of the magazine (my boss ;). To read more about Robert's amazing story visit homesforourtroops.org/canine.

No comments:

Post a Comment