Monday, January 11, 2010

Other Things I Like To Do


Aside from being a watercolor fanatic, aspiring calligrapher and trying-not-to-work-for-free graphic designer I have a few more hobbies vying for my time. The original and first passion thus being showcased on my bed is.....QUILTING. The majority of the fabrics chosen for this colorful quilt are from the textile studios of Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler. A few thirties reproduction prints are peeking out, but only because I have a certain affinity for them.

Stretched above my bed is yardage I designed, dyed and printed. The two little apples painting is proof that every once in a while I try to be an oil painter; and the small end table-like jewelry box was at one point sitting on a curb and minutes from being thrown out. Sanding, painting and Anthropologie knobs were just the the finishing touch my rainbowesque room needed.

However, it will be made obvious through my sorry pictures that I am not a photographer. Maybe one day...

1 comment:

  1. I have a really brightly colored quilted bed set (http://www.target.com/Home-Brights-Stripe-Dots-Quilt/dp/B002BU9XLE/186-2504026-5345666?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aquilt&page=1). I love it. Yours is so much more amazing, though. You're awesome.

    Michelle C.

    ReplyDelete