Friday, April 23, 2010

More Alley Finds...and some


One of my favorite people in the world came to visit me (you know who you are...Caitlyn). And during her stay she and I made these colorful applique pillows. Rather than visit the Bean or the Hancock she wanted to spend hours with me in my sewing room. Did I mention she is one of my favorite people? Our original inspiration came from from a set of pillows we saw at Anthropologie. Devout followers of the store will probably know what I'm talking about.

Before those pillows came into being, though, I was taking a stroll with my roommates and what did we find?? A sturdy wooden bench all alone in an alley! Of course the only thing for us to do was lug it back home and up three flights of stairs to be repainted. I painted it to match some Kaffe Fassett fabric we had on the walls of our living room. My flowers turned out looking more like turkeys, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment